Kosher Kris- Swisher Sweets

From Blu to Fashawn, Swim Team to Intuition, and Chuwee to Dom Kennedy, the state of California has provided me many gigabytes of greatness over the past few years. Every morning, as my laptop screen rises with the sun, I make a wish on a splash of half and half and place it in my coffee well. Recently, all I've been asking for are west coast born songs, videos, mix tapes, or brand new artists to be my inbox when I sit down. For some odd reason, those continue to be answered. Thank you based god?

Snapping me out of my left-temple-in-fist-cursing-another-dead-Thanksgiving Eve mood was a fresh new mix tape from a Los Angeles MC by the name of Kosher Kris. Expecting Kosha Dillz/Soul Khan-esque vocals over chopped up Matisyahu samples (Not that there is anything wrong with that. It's all shalom), I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the vintage, blunt-to-the-dome bravado of another LA youngin' with endless potential.

Kosher Kris' latest mix tape, Swisher Sweets, features Kris painting pastel pictures of a typical LA skate kid's life that includes smoking weed, sex, chasing girls, chasing dreams, and overall "not giving a fuck". Here's to the creatively motivated slacker generation and the good old palm tree rap that never fails to make my day. Samples and the free full mix tape download below.


Download: Kosher Kris- My Breakdown Lady ft. LaVish (from Live! From Your Mom's House)
Download Mix Tape: Kosher Kris- Swisher Sweets // Bandcamp

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This mixtape is trash and the dude's flow sounds rushed most of the time.



Quit rapping and stick to school.

Post a Comment

Copyright © Old Whiskey Teeth
“To do a dull thing with style - now THAT'S what I call art.” -Charles Bukowski