Video: Young Gully- Cry


After mentioning how much I would love to hear Dam Funk make a few records with a couple of established West Coast acts, I was directed to a few DJ Fresh albums and mix tapes from 2009. I'm definitely loving what I've been hearing-- funked out space bangers ghost driven by some of NorCal's finest-- and found a new artist that I'm really diggin' on top of it.

Young Gully, a 22 year old MC from East Oakland, caught a buzz when FADER fell in love with his Definition of Gas mix tape from last year. Since then, Gully has climbed the Bay Area ranks and made a name for himself by connecting with DJ Fresh on his Tonite Show series and releasing projects like his 2010 Oscar Grant tribute album, The Grant Station Project.

Check the video above and see what you think-- I'll be posting more once I listen to his older material.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Old Whiskey Teeth
“To do a dull thing with style - now THAT'S what I call art.” -Charles Bukowski