DTMD- The Basics EP [Free EP Download]


I think anyone with two ears and a drop of common sense know that hip hop isn't dead; and as we swerve into a new decade of music, I truly believe we are heading into one of the most legendary years of millennium hip hop thus far.

My love for the new generation of MCs and producers began to bloom when I stopped trying to listen to every new schmuck with a microphone and a laptop, and instead, focused on what was coming out in certain geographical areas. Detroit, Los Angeles, and the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) are those fledgling spots on the map that I never take my ear off of. After a unbeatable 2009 showing from each community, why you aren't focused on them too?

To end another solid week of 2010 hip hop I give to you yet another vintage and virulent showing from the DMV with The Basics EP from beatsmith, Dunc, and PG County MC, Toine, also known as DTMD (Dunc Toine Makin' Dollas).

You might know Dunc from his contributions to the 2009 Album of the Year candidate from fellow DMVers Diamond District and their album In The Ruff. Much like the neck noddin' track, "Shining," Dunc laces the EP with smooth samples and plump production that accompanies Toine's terminology perfectly.

Below is the free EP download, as well as a sample track so you can peep what you are getting into before you commit to a download. Trust me. Stick with Detroit, LA, and the DMV. They hardly ever disappoint.

Download: DTMD- Champion ft. Tier Zero
Download: DTMD- The Basics EP

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my young buls rock. just like that.
stamp this moe.

questionmark said...

this was a really good write up. i appreciate the time you took to write this, and i hope you'll enjoy what we have in store for the future.

- toine

BigBuffaloLarge said...

Thanks a lot, Toine! Please keep me posted on anything new that either of you do @ bigbuffalolarge@gmail.com.

The EP is FIRE. I've been listening to it non-stop. I'm a former NOVA resident, so DMV represent!

Praverb said...

Thank you for this wow...this is dope...

Junkee said...

sounds nice...good look

Post a Comment

Copyright © Old Whiskey Teeth
“To do a dull thing with style - now THAT'S what I call art.” -Charles Bukowski