Video: Benny Tones- Chrysalis


For those that fell in love with New Zealand's electro-soul group Electric Wire Hustle, their sound engineer's music will hit a similar spot. Here is Benny Tones' latest video from his forthcoming album, Chrysalis, set to release in April of this year on BBE Records.
Chrysalis was the last track to be made for the album so has a lot of influences from the sounds I have been listening to lately, a lot more on the futuristic tip. Wanted to put my own spin on the really FX heavy really produced sound but still keep the big spacious floaty vibe. I also worked with a vocalist by the name of Sacha Vee who I had done some work for in the past. She's a jazz trained vocalist so I wanted to see what happened when I gave her something way out of her musical spectrum. The result was this crazy fusion of styles that came out sounding quite different.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Old Whiskey Teeth
“To do a dull thing with style - now THAT'S what I call art.” -Charles Bukowski